Following extensive development work and testing during the 2011/12 Volvo Ocean Race, Exposure Lights were seeking to break into the marine leisure market with their range of powerful LED lights.
Already market leaders in the cycling market, the British based technology company had worked successfully with top UK skipper Ian Walker and his crew in the Volvo Ocean Race to test their development products. However, the company lacked the marine market connections and expertise to establish the brand with the sailing consumer and retail network.
Rushall Marketing was asked to assist Exposure Lights with their initial launch and subsequent marketing and PR within the marine sector to raise brand awareness for their ground breaking product range.
I advised Exposure’s team on the most effective strategy and events to launch the brand to the global marine trade. Following an initial press launch with a top ocean racing team, Exposure exhibited at METS, their first major marine trade event in 2012.
Since then, I have worked to get the brand established in the market within the resources available. Extensive brand awareness has been generated through effective use of PR as a core element of the communications plan. Together with advising on product development, promotional campaigns and setting up advertising campaigns.
Using my extensive marine contacts, I have helped to ‘short-circuit’ Exposure’s route to market, and open doors to key connections that might otherwise have taken many years to reach. Creating introductions to relevant marine organisations, sailing events and leading international sailors, all who are paramount in helping to raise the profile of and endorse the product range.
- Exposure’s MOB light won the 2012 METS DAME design award
- Extensive PR coverage of all new products launched in the range
- Exposure products are now positioned as the ‘go to’ lights for top teams competing in the major ocean races
- All the key feature writers and testers are highly familiar with, and have developed, a good rapport with the company
- Outstanding testimonials from some of the World’s top ocean racers including Alex Thomson, Dee Caffari, Ian Walker, Mike Golding and many more